Saturday, April 19, 2008

Bush and the Pope

So I was catching up on the news and reading the Thursday edition of the Wall Street Journal. On the side bar in the "What's News" there was a little blurb about how President Bush and Pope Benedict have similar views on freedom and morality. And then they wonder why they used to burn Christians at the stake. I was raised in a Catholic household and don't see eye to eye on a lot of things with other Catholics - or any religion for that matter - but I would never say that I had similar views on anything with President Bush. Not because I feel the man is a genetic experiment gone horribly wrong but because I don't think there is anything that we could agree on. I mean, I believe in. . .in. . .human rights and he doesn't. That's a pretty big gap to try and overcome. Given the chance I feel pretty confident that the man would nuke Canada for no other reason that they talk funny.

No comments: